Shorebirds

7/27
  I saw some Baird's Sandpipers along the southern part of the auto tour
route at Bear River M.B.R.  There was one flock of 33 birds and then I
counted 10 more while scanning through the impressive flock of peeps made up
of mostly Western, but also a few Least Sandpipers...Also at Bear River
opposite the peeps on the other side of the dike was a summering female
Common Goldeneye.
  Along the northern side of the Antelope Island Causeway between mile
markers 1 and 2 I saw another Baird's Sandpiper with 26 Sandelings.  Just
before Fielding Garr Ranch (1.5 miles) at a marked crosswalk I saw an
Eastern Kingbird.
  To end the day, I unsuccessfully searched for the 2 reported Semipalmated
Plovers at the mouth of Lee's Creek near Saltair.  I did end up seeing yet
another Baird's Sandpiper amongst 15 Snowy Plovers.

- -Ed Conrad