From: James D. McIntyre=20
To: Glenn B. Barlow=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [birdnet] Fw: Your Trip to Utah in August

Glenn:

I have seen Rosy Fiches (Black-capped as I recall) apparently nesting in =
the rocks high up on a ski run called Regulator Johnson at the Snowbird =
Ski resort.  To access this run, take the Snowbird tram from the resort =
base to the top of Hidden Peak (11,000 ft.) and look down the slope to =
the right (north and east) that runs down into Gad Valley.

With the low snowpack this year, it may be possible to walk out onto the =
RJ run along the snowcat tracks - follow the signs.

It's also a very pleasant walk down from the top - follow the signs for =
Chip's Run and walk down the road.  You may see Clark's Nutcracker, =
Steller's Jay, Mountain Chickadee, Blue Grouse and Pine Grosbeak.

Alternatively, you can ride back down on the tram at no charge.  Check =
the tram schedule for times.

In mid-winter, large flocks of the finches can frequently be seen flying =
around the lodges at Alta farther up in Little Cottonwood Canyon.

At the very least, your birders should have a wonderful visit to Utah's =
Wasatch Mountains and get great views of spectacular scenery.

Jim McIntyre
  ----- Original Message -----=20