Pied Billed Grebe

Saturday morning ride.  7/21

We stumbled onto  a Pied Billed Grebe sitting on a floating nest, and she
had 4 young uns swimming around.  I am guessing she was starting another
brood.

The place:  We left I 15 at the willard exit and took a right on the west
side of the freeway onto a frontage road. (heading North)  There is a small
pond (perhaps an acre) with a chain link fence around it, just a short
distance down the road. Also on that pond was a Cormorant.

There was a Cormorant on the Mayors pond at Brigham City.

If you need Eared Grebe, Mantua reservoir is the place to look right now.
Well over a hundred were there.

cul

James Lofthouse     (Though I live in Cache County, this report is of sites
in                      Box Elder CO.)