Black Swifts

Merrill Webb reported seeing some black swifts at the first lake past
Timberland's cabin area (along the main road) east of Heber.  He said
they were flying low because it was overcast, so he got a good look at
them.  He'd seen them before in the same area in previous years, so he
was on the lookout.

Merrill and I got talking about the Yellow-billed Cuckoos that have
been seen in the area.  He was saying that the Cuckoos are late
nesters, maybe late June and early July (I tried to check it out in my
books, but couldn't find the information) and that it might not be such
a good idea to be playing tapes much, if at all, this time of year.  So
it might be good to think through tape-playing a bit for the Cuckoos
(I've been playing the tapes like crazy to get my 300th state bird and
now I'm feeling a bit bad about it).  Anyway, it's something to
consider.

Good birding,
Milton

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/