Details

Dear fellow birdnetters,

I'm delighted to see that our birdnet is growing when I see new names
popping up in the postings. It is fun to share our passion for birds and
so helpful to share our sightings.  In my enthusiasm I sometimes forget
the fact that there are a lot of new birders out there reading our
messages, not to mention out-of-state birders seeking up-to-date
information. I often take it for granted that everyone knows, for
example, that Provo River Walkway is in the city of Provo in Utah county
and that Provo River Falls are in the High Uintas in Wasatch county. This
can be very confusing for those who are new to our favorite birding
places.  Therefore I suggest that we all remember to include the
following:

1. The closest city or town and the county of the sighting location.
2. Directions on how to get to that location.
3. The date and time of day of the sighting.
4. If your name is not included in your e-mail address, please sign your
post so we can get to know you.

(If you see a location mentioned without further instructions, you might
check it on our web site under birding locations)

Happy birding to all and keep those postings coming.
Tuula Rose
Provo, UT