Blue Grosbeaks and Indigo Buntings

- ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C102DF.08DF50A0

Folks,

Have read with interest the comments about these birds that were seen in =
Goshen Canyon.  Therefore, on Friday afternoon, probably a little late, =
I took my granddaughter with me and I went to Goshen Canyon, with great =
anticipation.  Before entering the canyon took the road to the right for =
a short distance and saw a Western Kingbird with a fluttering young one. =
 Also, a flock of Western Meadowlark.

Back into the canyon.  I looked for awhile at the entrance of the =
canyon, buy did not see anything.  This was were we saw the Chat on the =
Utah County Big Day.  Only saw a doe Mule Deer feeding on the hill =
behind.  We could tell she was aware of us.  She finally turned and went =
back into the brush.  No Blue Grosbeaks.  My granddaughter said, "gee =
grandpa, I wish I could see a bird first."  This was her first time out. =
 She will be 9 on the 23rd.  We drove a little ways further into the =
canyon, when she announced she saw a big bird.  We parked and sure =
enough it was one of the Golden Eagles that apparently nests in the =
canyon.  It sat patiently gazing upon its world, while we looked all we =
wanted.  By this time it was 8 p.m.  We also saw the nest, a little to =
the south.  (The eagle was a little of .4 of a mile from the entrance of =
the canyon.

We journey back to where we saw what looked like a teetering wooden =
shack (some might call it a cabin) on the west side of the canyon.  We =
stopped there to see if we might perchance see the Indigo Bunting.  No =
luck.  By then I concluded it was too late.

Question.  Has anyone seen the Blue Grosbeaks or Indigo Buntings since =
this past weekend?  As I described it--were we looking in the proper =
places?

Glad to have this forum on Utah Birding.

Glenn Barlow
Fruit Heights

- ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C102DF.08DF50A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#b8b8b8>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Have read with interest the comments =
about these=20
birds that were seen in Goshen Canyon.&nbsp; Therefore, on Friday =
afternoon,=20
probably a little late, I took my granddaughter with me and I went to =
Goshen=20
Canyon, with great anticipation.&nbsp; Before entering the canyon took =
the road=20
to the right for a short distance and saw a Western Kingbird with a =
fluttering=20
young one.&nbsp; Also, a flock of Western Meadowlark.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Back into the canyon.&nbsp; I looked =
for awhile at=20
the entrance of the canyon, buy did not see anything.&nbsp; This was =
were we saw=20
the Chat on the Utah County Big Day.&nbsp; Only saw a doe Mule Deer =
feeding on=20
the hill behind.&nbsp; We could tell she was aware of us.&nbsp; She =
finally=20
turned and went back into the brush.&nbsp; No Blue Grosbeaks.&nbsp; My=20
granddaughter said, "gee grandpa, I wish I could see a bird =
first."&nbsp; This=20
was her first time out.&nbsp; She will be 9 on the 23rd.&nbsp; We drove =
a little=20
ways further into the canyon, when she announced she saw a big =
bird.&nbsp; We=20
parked and sure enough it was one of the Golden Eagles that apparently =
nests in=20
the canyon.&nbsp; It sat patiently gazing upon its world, while we =
looked all we=20
wanted.&nbsp; By this time it was 8 p.m.&nbsp; We also saw the nest, a =
little to=20
the south.&nbsp; (The eagle was a little of .4 of a mile from the =
entrance of=20
the canyon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We journey back to where we saw what =
looked like a=20
teetering wooden shack (some might call it a cabin) on the west side of =
the=20
canyon.&nbsp; We stopped there to see if we might perchance see the =
Indigo=20
Bunting.&nbsp; No luck.&nbsp; By then I concluded it was too =
late.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Question.&nbsp; Has anyone seen the =
Blue Grosbeaks=20
or Indigo Buntings since this past weekend?&nbsp; As I described =
it--were we=20
looking in the proper places?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Glad to have this forum on Utah=20
Birding.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Glenn Barlow</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fruit =
Heights</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C102DF.08DF50A0--