current falconing debate

I am usually one to peruse the net for information, but not always one to
respond.  However, I feel compelled to at least say something regarding an
issue that seems to be getting out of hand on the birdnet.  If I understand
the sequence of events it seems someone has requested information regarding
the location of certain raptor nests, and others have responded that the
internet may not be the most appropriate vehicle to exchange such
information.  The earlier note by Colby Newman seemed to be a very moderate,
measured, response to the issue.  I am not a falconer, nor do I necessarily
understand why one would wish to be a falconer.  However, I know and have
worked with very ethical falconers with whom I would be willing to share
information.  Unfortunatedly, I have also known extremely unethical
falconers who were totally untrustworthy with sensitive information
regarding raptor nests.  That is why Colby Newmans remarks were most
appropriate.

Now with regard to the unsigned message responding to the above note of
caution.  Whether or not the author of the message is a falconer, resorting
to  insults and inuendos as a means of communication is not just unfortunate
and ineffective, but most often counterproductive, and in this instance
likely will reinforce the negative stereotype that many already have
regarding falconry.  Life for all of us will have differences of opinions
from time to time, but please, can't we at least be civil in expressing such
disagreements?

Bob Bond