White-rumped Sandpipers

The WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS were still at Ouray NWR on thursday evening at the same place. This time there was an even dozen. They at first were hard to see because they were in the taller weeds away from the open waters edge. Bryan and I were there for a while before we located them, but then watched them for an hour. A well thrown rock finally got them to fly and circling around their white rump was plainly visable. On the way home we drove over Wolf Creek Pass and saw a GOSHAWK and NORTHERN THREE-TOED WOODPECKER near the camp ground at the summit.