bird comedy at Antelope Island

I drove to Antelope Island today and while trying to lean over and
quietly roll down the window on the passenger's side so I could take a
movie shot of a chukar I accidentally turned on my windshield wipers
resulting in loud squeaking and flopping for about 10 seconds (at varied
speeds) before I could shut them off.  The chukar merely craned his neck
and gawked. Fortunately he wasn't filming me.
Then I was driving up a hill on the east side of the island when my car
was attacked by a mad long-billed curlew who flew along just overhead
squawking until I pulled over.  Then he posed for his picture in the
grass. Now I know how Kent Clegg must has felt leading the cranes in his
ultralight.  But, I got to see many beautiful sanderlings today--a life
bird for me.
Carol Davis