Good Morning Birders

Hi Everyone

I had a wonderful morning yesterday. I went to Farmington Bay and then down to the pond at the end of Glover Lane. I was able to add 3 new birds to my list. I saw a pair of Red-breasted Mergansers on Glover Pond just a few feet from the road. I had seen a female before but this was my 1st male. My most exciting find was 6 Blue Winged Teal in a small pond at the base on the west side of the overlook at Farmington Bay. I've been hoping to see these teal for several years and yesterday was my first sighting. I also saw several Violet Green Swallows (which was a first) mixed with Barn Swallows flying around the field and lighting on the power lines on the east side of the road at Glover Pond. In addition to the 3 new birds I saw the following.
Western Grebe
Several Double Crested Cormorants swimming with the Pelicans in Glover Pond
Great Blue Heron
Lots of Snowy Egrets
Several flocks of White Faced Ibis
Hundreds of Nesting Canada Geese, 2 pair with their little hatchlings tagging along
Mallards
Pintails
Cinnamon Teal
Shovelers
Gadwall
American Wigeon
2 pair of Red Heads
Lesser Scaup
Many Buffleheads
A beautiful Dark Phase Red Tail Hawk
Hundreds of Avocets
Killdeer
Franklins Gulls
Forsters Terns
Hundreds of Red-Winged and Yellow-Headed Blackbirds.
And of course the always present Magpies and Meadow Larks
I went out hoping to see the Pipits I saw last week for the first time (Thanks to Gary Grubb for helping me identify them). I didn't see any yesterday though.
Happy Birding Steve