Peculiar nest for Canada Goos

Birding Deercreek area this morning I saw a new sight.  Driving the road
just east of Deercreek that goes to Midway, I saw a nesting platform on top
of a telephone pole  several blocks to the east.  A road just before the
bridge goes right past the nesting platform which is on the right (south)
side of this side road about two blocks from where you turn at the bridge.
A nest could be seen on the platform and I presumed it was for Osprey.  A
closer look really surprised me.  There perched on the nest on top of the
telephone pole was a Canada Goose.  She looked very much at home and seemed
to be setting up housekeeping.  I've birded a good few years but never saw
a Goose on top of a telephone pole before.

On the road up to the Swiss Chalet, before the stop sign, a Peregrine was
in the trees on the left (south) of the road.  A pair of Swainsons were
circling overhead.  Sandhill Cranes were in the fields on the road leading
up to the mountains to go to Cascade Springs and Ospreys were everywhere.
Loons were plentiful on the dam itself and there was one lone Swan at the
east end  and as far north as the water goes.