From: Alan S. Condie [mailto:alanscondie@deseretonline.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 2:52 PM
To: birdnet@utahbirds.org
Subject: birding spotting scopes

There has been some discussion concerning optics for birding and I thought
that I would give you some follow-up on my purchase of the Pentax 80mmED
scope mentioned in the website: www.betterviewdesired.com:
<http://www.betterviewdesired.com:>  I set the scope up on "egg island" at
the Farmington Bay WMA and could see avocets clearly at one-third mile away
when I could not tell that there were any birds there by my naked eye...this
equipment was truly incredible...as was the service received by Owen Hogle
at the Wild Bird Center where I purchased the scope at competitive prices.
If you are making a new purchase I can recommend this scope without any
reservations. The website gives information as to why the large eyepiece has
distinct advantages.  Alan S. Condie