Saturday in Davis Co.

    Steve and Pricilla Summers came up to try and get some of our good dump
birds and we tried.  Unfortunately we were able to locate only a couple of
Thayers and the Iceland?  There seem to be fewer gulls at the dump and at the
end if the Farmington Causeway even than a week ago.  There was a Merlin on
5th south on the way to the dump.
    Another sign that Spring Migration is well underway was Cinnamon Teal in
every pond at Farmington and Kaysville.
    We got fantastic looks at the Short-eared Owl eating a large something in
3 giant gulps at Farmington.
    The barn owl was in the barn as we approached Antelope Island.  The
causeway and Garr Ranch were boring!
    We finished off the day with a Peregrine and a view of a singing trash
Pygmy Owl in Mueller Park.
    In all almost 60 species.  Not to bad for a Feb. day, and we quit before
dark.
                        Dana