No subject was specified.

We hit the Kaysville Ponds and Farmington Bay this morning:  At the
former, somewhat to our surprise, there was some open water, containing
the canvasbacks, hooded mergansers (2) and other ducks previously
mentioned, plus four snipe standing around on the ice, looking pretty
silly but very lovely.  At FB, we missed the Bittern (AGAIN!) but had
great looks at a short-eared owl who perched on a fence post near the
road.  Also many bald eagles and roughies.  We even think we figured out
the differences between Thayer's and Herring gulls (I hope someone else
has seen Thayer's there).  However, the birds of the day were a flock of
bushtits, a first for our yard list, that we found in the quakies as we
were pulling out of the driveway.