Possible Adult Thayer's/Kumlien's intergrade at Bountiful

- ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C0807B.A474BAA0

Utah Birders,

My name is Cliff Weisse and I live in Island Park, Idaho.  I have =
occasion to visit N. Ogden for three or four weeks around New Years each =
year and spend some time birding while I'm in the area. =20

On Jan. 12, 2001, I went to the Bountiful Landfill to spend a day =
looking for some of the gulls that have previously been posted on this =
list and found a very interesting adult gull.  The bird was very much =
like an adult Thayer's except it had gray instead of black in the =
primaries.  As far as I can tell Thayer's doesn't show this =
characteristic.  I think there's a very good possibility it is a =
Thayer's/Kumlien's intergrade.  Whatever the final consensus on its =
identity is, it is a very striking bird and worth the effort to locate =
if it's still around.  The bird was consistently landing near the end of =
the road on top of the western most active dumping area.  I was able to =
get some good photos and have them posted at www.octoberweb.com/gull.

Good birding.

Cliff Weisse

- ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C0807B.A474BAA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Utah Birders,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My name is Cliff Weisse and I live in =
Island Park,=20
Idaho.&nbsp; I have occasion to visit N. Ogden for three or four weeks =
around=20
New Years each year and spend some time birding while I'm in the =
area.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On Jan. 12, 2001, I went to the =
Bountiful Landfill=20
to spend a day looking for some of the gulls that have previously been =
posted on=20
this list and found a very interesting adult gull.&nbsp; The =
bird&nbsp;was very=20
much like an adult Thayer's except it had gray instead of black in the=20
primaries.&nbsp;&nbsp;As far as I can tell Thayer's doesn't show this=20
characteristic.&nbsp; I think there's a very good possibility it is a=20
Thayer's/Kumlien's intergrade.&nbsp; Whatever the&nbsp;final consensus =
on its=20
identity is, it is a very striking bird and worth the&nbsp;effort to =
locate if=20
it's still around.&nbsp; The bird was consistently landing near the end =
of the=20
road on top of the western most active dumping area.&nbsp; I was able to =
get=20
some good photos and have them posted at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.octoberweb.com/gull";>www.octoberweb.com/gull</A>.</FON=
T></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good birding.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cliff Weisse</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C0807B.A474BAA0--