Farmington Birds

It was a foggy morning at Farmington Bay this morning (12/29) for the Audubon
field trip but not so foggy that we couldn't see clearly several Tree
Swallows, 3 LONGBILLED DOWITCHERS, and 2 Snipe in addition to the usual
fare--- all seen walking (i.e., our group) along the dike south of the gate
at the end of the open dike road.  Because of the fog and ice we saw, hold
your breath, ONE duck! Period, for ducks.  However, later in the PM along the
causeway we saw plenty of Common Goldeneyes and the usual smattering of other
ducks. Just east of the entrance station at the causeway there was a Great
Horned Owl sitting on a horizontal beam in splendid isolation at the front of
a barn on the north side of the road apparently monitoring traffic on the
road all afternoon..at least it was there for our going to and coming from
the island.
Happy New Year!      Hugh Gillilan

- --part1_4a.f722d99.277e910f_boundary--