Sightings Update

 For those not receiving the UCB birdnet, here's an update of our best sightings from last tuesday field trip. The PYGMY OWL was still at the Diamond Fork location reported on 11/23/00.
Another HARRIS'S SPARROW  has been located at Bullock's Lane between Ironton Hill and East Bay in southeastern Provo. It was feeding along the roadside with white-crowns and junco's. EVENING GROBEAKS  were in the russian olive treeson the west sideof the lane. The large flock of RED CROSSBILLS are still at the Provo Cemetary, along with the assortment of reported other wintering species.
 No white-fronted goose, eurasian wigeon, or bohemian waxwings were found.
  Today at Hogle's Pond in Charleston, Wasatch County, I saw a good mixture of diving ducks. A drake HOODED MERGANSER, BARROW'S GOLDENEYE, and GREATER SCAUP were all seen at close range. Nine other waterfowl species were on the pond. Hogle's pond is on the east side of the Provo River between the Charleston Bridge and the Heber/Midway highway. It is on private property, but I think the owners won't mind if you stay in or near your car along the gravel driveway. Be polite and respectful.